UAE is home to a variety of different sites and destinations. Each of the emirates is home to unique architecture, landscape, and culture. This propels UAE to the top of the list among the most favored tourist destinations. People of all ages and nationalities not only enjoy themselves in the UAE, but they learn about the history and culture of the local people. Since the UAE has different cities which have unique features, it is necessary to be aware of this before embarking on your journey. This helps you to make plans and budget wisely.
Prominent Cities in the UAE
Most people know UAE for oil and natural gas; however, this is not the reason that tourist flock here in large numbers. The modern infrastructure and topography are among the topmost attractions. Different cities with their distinct features contribute to this. Examples of these cities are:
- Dubai is the most renowned and a frequent stop-over city among the Emirates it is also the most monumental in the UAE. It among the fastest growing cities in the world and a growing hotspot for business in the Middle East.
- Abu Dhabi is a megacity, a political hub, cultural, and economic center. It contributes to most of the UAE’s economy and is the second most populated city.
- Apart from being an industrial and heritage center, Sharjah is the third largest city in UAE. It boasts of diverse landmarks, culture, and beautiful sites.
- Al Ain is basically an oasis with natural springs and palm groves. It is home to various historical sites and recreational centers.
- Fujairah is awesome for hikes made possible by the Hajar Mountains and has beaches for people who love the sand. It is also a haven for various mosques and forts which serve as tourist attractions.
Tourist Attractions and Destinations in the UAE
UAE does not only boast of exquisite topography but it is one of the best holiday and shopping spots that merges the modern and ancient aspects to create a memorable stay.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Considered to the highest skyscraper in the world, the Burj Khalifa is a sight to behold with its 163 stories it is also the tallest freestanding structure. You can observe the whole of Dubai on top of this building. It is not just a hotel but it also houses residential homes, offices, and restaurants. It also has the tallest art gallery, pools, health center, and two decks which are used for observation.
- Burj Al Arab in Dubai is the only seven star hotels in the world. It is embodied with gold and precious stones that make it even more luxurious. It has an indoor fountain and 24-karat gold covered elevator doors.
- Khalifa Park, Abu Dhabi is the most visited park in the Emirates because it appeals to people of all ages. The fountain itself is a magnificent welcoming feature and it captivates you with its elegance. The amusement park entertains the children with the merry-go-round and other rides including a train ride. The book lovers can indulge themselves in the library. The aquarium keeps the young and old entertained while learning about different species.
- Al Bidyah Mosque in Fujairah is the oldest mosque in the UAE. It has unknown origins and peculiar architecture. Unlike other mosques, Al Bidyah has four domes which vary in size compared to other mosques which have seven to twelve. It was constructed using mud and bricks and is adorned with wall carvings. Other attractions close to this mosque include stone walls connected to old buildings, archaeological stone carvings, four watchtowers, and the foundation and remnants of the Sheikh’s house which act as a historic site.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is not only one of the largest but also one of the most appealing mosques in the world. It blends different architectural designs from Ottoman to Persian, and Mughal. It has a distinct lighting system which mimics the phases of the moon.
- Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain is the second highest mountain in UAE and the roads leading to and from the mountain are among the best in the world. The mountain is basically a weathered limestone structure.
- Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is not only a famous landmark it also has waterslides, celebrity chef restaurants, and thrilling entertainment. Those who enjoy skydiving enjoy the panoramic view of the palm and Arabian Gulf.
- Al Ain Zoo in Al Ain host different species of birds and animals. It is home to indigenous species such as the Arabian Oryx and the big-horned Barbary sheep
UAE is no doubt one of the leading tourist destinations in the world it does not only have a thriving economy but is home to unique architectural structures, landmarks, and physical features. The distinct attractions in various cities cater to different tourist needs.