In the wake of Corona Virus, work from home has become the new normal in Gulf Nations. While some professions may easily make this shift, there can be a few office goers for whom this can be a drastic change. Work from home at this time has posed many questions, such as what will happen to my performance rate, productivity and motivation for creativity? How will my boss judge my performance? How I may coordinate with team? What if the people or pets in house gets too distracting? What if my job becomes redundant? Or What if I miss the given targets for work? If all these questions are your worry too then you are reading the right article. Today, we will tell you how you may manage your work from home schedule and make the most efforts with less stress to keep-up with your jobs.
How to keep up with Your Productivity in Work from Home Setup?
Work from home is a challenging setup when it comes to work productivity. As, sitting on your cozy bed with open laptop will soon make you feel drowsy and can hamper your work. So, to overcome this challenge there are a few steps that you must follow:
- Find a Work Corner in your House: It is important to choose a perfect location at home to work productively at home. You must choose the corner which has least possibility for distractions and should try to sit on table and chair to keep your enthusiasm up for work during your office hours.
- Maintain Your Peace During your Work Hours to Keep Distractions at Bay: It is important to keep your concentration and focus at place and for this you must choose to sit in isolation during you work hours. For this you may close the door of your room or may instruct your family member to make less noise during the day.
- Should Take Less Breaks: Work from home may lead to longer relaxation breaks for us but it is important to keep a track on your mid-day breaks and evening breaks and schedule it in such as way that it doesn’t hamper your daily work life. Breaks are important to keep us motivated to work all day long but it is important to keep a track on it. This will help you to give more productivity and save your average office hours in work schedule.
- Dressing Is Important: Most of us take work from home casually and start working in our night dresses. This can be a barrier to your productivity, motivation and creativity. As per most researchers our daily dressing as per the occasion impact our mood. This casual dressing during office hours can make us feel drowsy or may give us a casual feel towards our job. So, to keep up with the work spirit, it is important to wear some business casuals and then sit in front of laptops to attend team meetings or work on assignments.
- Have Regular Communication With your Team: To make sure you know every update it is important to be connected if you are the boss then you must create a sense of transparency among your team and if you are a team member then you must be available in every remote tram meeting to be aware of new updates about work and company. This is a crucial step when it comes to work from home.
How to Prove your Worth in Work from Home?
- Work on Gaining New Skills: As work from home saves your travelling and chit-chat time hence, there is lot of time that you may utilize to work on new skills that can help you to be a superpower in your domain and will help you to be more useful for the organization. This new knowledge or skill will also help you to keep up with the ongoing phase and will never let you become redundant.
- Manage Clients Effectively: Taking time to manage clients and getting testimonials or appreciation emails can help you to survive in longer run. These appreciations will help you to be in a better position in your team.
- Keep your Motivation High: Work from home needs self-motivation. Whether you are a business development professional or you are in some tech profession all you need is the right level of motivation to give great results. As, you don’t have your boss or team physically available to motivate you hence, you need to keep your self-motivation high to work towards, better creativity, better productivity and better results.
So, if you are the one worried about how to handle work from home situation, then follow these steps and create a new definition of professional you with this setup of work from home in gulf nations.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter and an avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.