The UAE, the second-biggest Arab economy, has been the biggest export market for US goods in the entire region of the Middle East and North Africa over the last ten years. Both countries have been steadily strengthening their bilateral trade, resulting in a $23.03 billion total trade value in 2021. US goods imports from the United Arab Emirates account for $5,95 billion out of the total trade value. Companies within the USA mainly import raw aluminum, diamonds, and both refined and crude petroleum. In this article, we shall discuss the best ways of shipping goods from the UAE to the United States of America.
Shipping from the United Arab Emirates to the USA – means of transport
Sea freight is the most popular way to transport goods in international trade for a good reason. Two major advantages of picking this form of delivering goods are both the relatively low price and enormous carrying capacity. Unfortunately, it comes at the cost of a pretty long delivery time, which usually takes around 6-8 weeks, depending on the exact state within the USA.
Picking sea freight as our option to deliver cargo requires us to pick between Full Container Load and Less Container Load. As the name suggests, Full Container Load implies that only one recipient is using the container. Meanwhile, Less Container Load is a more suitable option for smaller entrepreneurs, as it means that various importers and exporters share one container between themselves.
Main cargo seaports in the UAE:
- Port of Jebel Ali
- Port of Mina Zayed
- Mina Rashid Port
- Mina Khalid Port
- Khor Fakkhan Port
Main cargo seaports in the USA:
- Port of Los Angeles
- Port of Long Beach
Another way of shipping from the UAE to the US is by air. Even though this way of transporting goods is usually five times more expensive than sea freight, it’s still worth considering in exceptional cases. Airfreight is by far the fastest and the safest way to transport your goods. Due to those qualities, airfreight should be considered while transporting fragile goods or those that need to be delivered as soon as possible. Good examples of products that could require airfreight are food, jewelry, luxury items, pharmaceutics, or flowers.
Main cargo airports in UAE:
- Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
- Sharjah International Airport (SHJ)
Main cargo airports in the USA:
- Memphis International Airport (MEM)
- Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
Due to the size of the United States of America, it’s a good idea to consider multimodal transport. Combining more than one way of delivery could optimize the whole process of transporting, make it significantly cheaper, minimize delivery time and improve the general quality of services. Furthermore, it’s worth mentioning that it enables Door-to-door delivery. Because of those factors, it’s a good idea to think about various methods and ways of transport.
Shipping costs from the United Arab Emirates to the United States of America
The final cost of shipping will vary depending on several factors, such as cargo specification, shipping distance, the way of transport, taxes, duties, and the chosen forwarder. Because of it, it will be beneficial to compare several offers to pick the one that satisfies your needs the best. You can easily find them on our website ShipHub.co. After filling in the form on our home page, you will get an in-depth quote from verified forwarders.
Shipping from the UAE to the USA – summary
- In 2021, companies within the USA had imported goods from the United Arab Emirates worth $5,95 billion.
- The most frequently imported goods are raw aluminum, diamonds, and both refined and crude petroleum.
- There are two main methods of shipping from the UAE to the USA: sea freight and airfreight.
- Sea freight is the most popular option, mainly due to its price and capacity. Unfortunately, it’s also the slowest option. It should be considered when we want to optimize costs as much as possible.It’s a good idea to reconsider whether organizing multimodal transport isn’t the most profitable for us.
- We would like to advise you to compare several freight operators on our website shiphub.co and pick whichever option feels your needs the best.